Santosha Barbados, Windy Hill, East Coast Road, St. Andrew, Barbados
Sacred Conversations With Our Ancestors is being held from May 4 – 8, 2023, at Santosha Resort Barbados. The experience will bring together healers and those in the diaspora seeking a deeper spiritual connection. During the workshops, attendees will discuss mental health and spirituality, spiritual hygiene, and the ancient practice of ancestral veneration.
Sacred Conversations With Our Ancestors spiritual retreat is creating a supportive space where the diaspora can come together to deepen their ancestral connection.
Resort – Santosha Barbados
Fast Track, Airport & Ground Transportation – Blu Isles
Restaurant – The Local Barbados
Click on photo to link to bio website
of Readings By Simone provides spiritual and intuitive readings, connecting people with their ancestors and providing mentorship to individuals on their spiritual journey. Ìyá Simone will be discussing Ancestral Veneration.
Is an initiated Yoruba priestess, Medium, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Certified Holistic Life Coach and author of Divine Reflections At The Crossroad. Ìyá will discuss Mental Health & Spirituality.
fuses pilates and yoga while using the foundational elements of pilates and breath work and the spiritual side of yoga. Lana will lead Sunrise Yoga.
has been a chef for over 20 years. He has a keen interest for healthy cuisine and lifestyle choices and works closely with The Heart and Stroke Foundation of Barbados on various initiatives on maintaining a healthy diet. Dane will be preparing healthy and delicious meals for the ancestral experience.
is a Chief, Iyanifa, and an Iyalorisha in the Ifa tradition. Affectionately called Ìyá Josie, she is also a Jinn Wara in the Kali tradition, a board certified Woman’s Health Nurse Practitioner, Intergrated Awareness (IA) graduate, Reiki Master, Spiritualist and Hypnotherapist. She enjoys helping people who want to experience total wellness.
Mia is a mother, a wife and an educator. She holds a Bachelor's degree with honors, an Associate Degree, and a Diploma in Education. She enjoys reading and the outdoors. In her free time, you can find Mia experimenting with different essential oil blends for your skin or indulging in soap making. She is also an avid writer, utilizing her passion for language, as an editor and content creator.
All prices are in USD
8. ALL participants must wear WHITE upon arrival, duration and departure of the experience
9. NO ALCOHOL CONSUMPTION
10. Ladies must wear white tights under their skirts (if spirit bids you to dance, we need to keep your privates private)
11. Please travel with a large white bath towel or white flat sheet for smoke ritual
12. You leave the resort at your own risk
13. Ladies, please travel with a few sanitary napkins (even if your cycle is not due) NO TAMPONS
14. Travel with mosquito repellent
15. Please travel with any prescribed medications you may be using at the time
16. Pack comfortable shoes 1 pair of sneakers and flip flops or sandals
17. Comfortable white yoga clothing ( yoga mat provided)
18. White undergarments. White swimsuit
19. NO SMOKING in the rooms this includes smoking cigars, marijuana, cigarettes, herbal smoke blends, e-cigarettes, hookah, burning incense, herbs or smudging
20. Smoking (NO MARIJUANA, IT IS ILLEGAL), burning of incense and smudging is only allowed in the rear or front of the outside of the resort
21. There is a pool at the resort, feel free to take a dip when workshops are not in session
22. Turn off or put on silent cell phones during sessions
23. DO NOT DELIVER ANY SPIRITUAL MESSAGES TO OTHER PARTICIPANTS. Please consult with Iyas FIRST
24. There will be a lot of down time, please use it wisely. The environment is ideal for meditation, exercise, sunbathing, journaling or sitting still
25. COVID Protocols: Visit www.visitbarbados.org for all COVID 19 Protocols
26. Please note a videographer and photographer will be present to capture the experience. The team has been advised not to cover certain aspects. Let me know if you are not comfortable being captured
27. NO VISITORS ALLOWED DURING THE ANCESTRAL EXPERIENCE NO EXCEPTIONS
28. NO USE OF DIGITAL DEVICES AFTER BUSH BATH AND SMOKE RITUALS
29. Barbados’ airport is GRANTLEY ADAMS INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT and the airport code is BGI
- Fast Track, Airport Transfer & Ground Transportation - Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner & Snacks - 2 Yoga Sessions - 2 Workshops - Bush Bath Cleansing / Oil Anointing / Smoke Cleanse - Herbs for Bush Bath, Smoke Cleanse & Bush Tea - Beach Day at The Local Barbados (Lunch Included) - Sunset Meditation - Ancestral Tribute, Offerings & Prayers at the ocean - Gift Bags